Thursday, January 24, 2008

Custom Home Shoot






Hey guys,
Last fall I had the opportunity to go do a full interior photography shoot for Montclaire Custom Homes. Aynsley and I trucked up to the house, and went to town shooting and lighting almost every room of the house for about eight hours. This is a lot of fun for me, as each room is like a puzzle needing to be unlocked. You have to figure out just the right composition, styling, and of course lighting that accents everything while still having a natural feel. After doing several of these, I have great respect for the hardcore magazine home shooters. But anyways, I'd like to give some insight on how these go down, it may just help someone out. I've found you just have to come into a room, and watch how the light works in there. You want to try and use the natural light to work for you, and just accent it and fill in details where it might not reach. Now to do this is certainly easier said than done, and I am definitely still learning. However, I must say having your camera tethered to a laptop for instant proofing certainly helps the process along. And having an assistant to bounce ideas off of (she's quite stylish as well) is fantastic. If you are interested in this kind of thing, see where the light is coming from, and try to guess where I put lights, and how I did them. I will definitely tell you if you ask. Take it easy,
-jason





No comments: