Thursday, May 17, 2007

Good Times

(05.16.07) -- Richardson, TX -- Grandmother Phyllis Harmon congratulates granddaughter Melissa Henderson before the press conference naming her the 2006-07 Gatorade National Girls Soccer Player of the Year, at Berkner High School in Richardson, TX on May 16, 2007.

(05.16.07) -- Richardson, TX -- The audience claps for Melissa Henderson as she is named the 2006-07 Gatorade National Girls Soccer Player of the Year at Berkner High School in Richardson, TX on May 16, 2007.

This is just a shot that I took during a cocktail reception at the Meyerson yesterday. I like it for some reason.

So yesterday was pretty awesome, I went to a wedding tradeshow and learned alot of things about the industry, and how this could definitely be a great business for me to fund myself with. Its relatively easy to do, and I love photography so it just works, plus I love business challenges. After listening to some really solid speakers I ran over to Berkner High School in Richardson to shoot the Gatorade Girls Soccer Player of the year, Melissa Henderson. Henderson, who is only a junior, is an incredible player with amazing stats and now joins the ranks of other players such as Greg Odom, Peyton Manning and Emmitt Smith. So that was fun, she was pretty excited and the people at Gatorade were great to work with.
I got a call from my Meyerson people before the start of the press conference saying they needed a photog last minute for their end of year cocktail reception, and off I went after I was done with Gatorade. So all in all it was a solid day, plenty of learning and shooting.
And to chill out a bit, tonight I'm going out to the DMA with my mom and brother to listen to jazz and picnic, should be a fun family outing. I shot some bridals I was pleased with the other day and will hopefully be putting those up soon. Just stay tuned.
-jk-

No comments: