Friday, April 13, 2007

Bluebonnets


As I had promised, here is the bluebonnet pic of me and my sustainer, Aynsley (girlfriend is an inadequate description of this woman...) on Easter Sunday, right before we went over to my uncle's house for the family gathering. So I know what you're thinking, and its true. We really do go together like peas and carrots. But anyways, Easter was a beautiful day, I got to play baseball with my brother, cousins and uncles, and be reminded yet again why I never went pro. Plus this has just been an amazing holiday for me in general. I watched The Passion with Ayns on Friday, and if you think you have an understanding of what Jesus went through in sacrificing Himself for us but haven't seen this movie, it will give you an entirely new appreciation for what He has done for humanity. Though I have not been on the journey very long, I feel my relationship with God growing, and I am changing as a person for the better. There is so much more joy in my life now than bitterness, encouragement instead of despair, and just an overwhelming clarity as I see my purpose and know that I was put here for a reason. That last thought has done tons for me, because I know have struggled with knowing why I am here, and I know many people around me with similar struggles. Christ has helped me see the man I can become, and for that I am thankful. Cheers.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Reading what you wrote about Aynsley is perfect description of the person she is. She has made the most impact on my life that any one has beside's my parents. I am so happy that you have been blessed to have captivated her heart. She is equally lucky and beyond HAPPY! Seeing her with you is just what was ment to be all along! It's perfect and am happy for both of you! Keep on Keepin on with that walk of yours. Its worth it! Blessings to the both of you!
Love, Lover