Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Night Lights




So I had decided last week I was going to go out and do a night shoot. I just wanted to take advantage of the surrealism that the darkness offers. One really should look around as they drive at night, and take the time to soak in the landscapes as they are bathed in artificial glow. It is incredibly peaceful. I always enjoy shooting out late at night by myself, as it allows me to relax, gather my thoughts and just work through the ideas in my head. Initially I was out shooting with the Hasselblad, but it suddenly became too structured for me, so I switched over to digital and decided to do some more experimental work, instead of shooting lighting. So I found a construction site right off the road (if you guys don't know how much I love industrial equipment, you really should. The piles of old Tonka Toys in my bedroom back home are testament), busted out my tripod and maglite, and went to work. In the images, I was hoping to convey a sense of power through the strong lines and grit these machines possess. The pic of the Taco is just because I love taking pictures of my truck. It won't be the last one by a long shot. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Mike Morones said...

number 1 is the best. and the taco, of course!