Monday, April 9, 2007

Softballs and Easter Eggs

(04.05.07) -- Arlington, TX -- Arlington High School softball player Sabrina Holguin (5) searches for Easter eggs after their game against Duncanville High School. Parents from Arlington placed eggs outside the stadium for the girls to look for after the game. ©2007 Jason Kindig/The Dallas Morning News
(04.05.07) -- Arlington, TX -- Arlington High School softball players hold Easter egg baskets full of Easter eggs after their game against Duncanville High School in Arlington. ©2007 Jason Kindig/The Dallas Morning News
3. (04.05.07) -- Arlington, TX -- Duncanville High School player Alex Maxwell makes a catch for an out against Arlington High School in Arlington on April 5, 2007. The game was called after four innings, with Arlington beating Duncanville 11-0. ©2007 Jason Kindig/The Dallas Morning News

I haven't shot softball in forever, so this was fun. The girls are usually pretty pumped, singing and chanting throughout the game. It was quieter during this match, but fun was had afterwards for the victorious Arlington Lady Colts. Just as I was packing away my gear, I heard ecstatic screaming and yelling, and when I looked to see where it was coming from, there was a surge of black and green uniforms running across a wooded area by the parking lot, baskets in hand. So of course I grabbed the camera and ran over there to begin shooting the egg collection. It was fun, they were excited, and I got something different from a regular game. Enjoy, and I will be posting up some pics I took with my amazing girlfriend on Easter Sunday (its always cute to shoot in bluebonnets).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

nice work you...as always. I like the blog.

Cheers!

www.texas-hockey.com

Mike Morones said...

Good work Jason

Unknown said...

Lovin your work Mr. J! You Rock! The austin Scene needs you here!